Section 51 Manual
1. CONTACT DETAILS
Company Name: Full House Retail (Pty) Ltd
Company Registration: 1988/060019/07
Postal Address: PO Box 36562
Street Address: 4 Alternator Avenue
Telephone Number: 021-526 4300
Fax Number: 021-555 3970
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head/CEO: Donald Alistair MacKenzie
Designated Officer: Donald Alistair MacKenzie
2. THE SECTION 10 GUIDE ON HOW TO USE THE ACT
The Guide will be available from the South African Human Rights Commission by not later than August 2003.
Please direct any queries to:
The South African Human Rights Commission:
The Research and Documentation Department
Postal address: Private Bag 2700
Telephone: +27 11 484-8300
Fax: +27 11 484-0582
3. RECORDS AVAILABLE IN TERMS OF ANY OTHER LEGISLATION
Basic conditions of Employment no. 75 of 1997
Companies Act No. 61 of 1973
Income Tax Act no. 95 of 1967
Skills development levies act No. 9 of 1999
Unemployment Contributions Act no. 63 of 2001
National Credit Act of 2005
4. ACCESS TO THE RECORD HELD BY THE PRIVATE BODY IN QUESTION
i) Categories of records which are available without a person having to request access in terms of section 52(2) Not Applicable
ii) Records that may be requested:
a) Company minute book
b) Certificate of Incorporation
a) Employment contracts
b) Remuneration records
a) Sales records
a) Annual financial statements
b) Stock Records
c) Assets Inventory
iii) Request procedures:
Form of request:
- • The requester must use the prescribed form to make the request for access to a record. This must be made to the
head of the private body. This request must be made to the address, fax number or electronic mail address of the body concerned
- • The requester must provide sufficient detail on the request form to enable the head of the private body to identify the record and the requester. The requester should also indicate which form of access is required. The requester should also indicate if any other manner is to be used to inform the requester and state the necessary particulars to be so informed.
- • The requester must identify the right that is sought to be exercised or to be protected and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise or protection of that right
- • If a request is made on behalf of a another person, the requester must then submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request to the satisfaction of the head of the private body.
A requester who seeks access to a record containing personal information about that requester is not required to pay the request fee. Every other requester, who is not a personal requester, must pay the required request fee:
- • The head of the private body must notify the requester (other than a personal requester) by notice, requiring the requester to pay the prescribed fee (if any) before further processing the request.
- • The fee that the requester must pay to a private body is R50. The requester may lodge an application to the court against the tender or payment of the request fee.
- • After the head of the private body has made a decision on the request, the requester must be notified in the required form.
- • If the request is granted then a further access fee must be paid for the search, reproduction, preparation and for any time that has exceeded the prescribed hours to search and prepare the record for disclosure.
5. OTHER INFORMATION AS MAY BE PRESCRIBED
The Minister of Justice and Constitutional Development has not made any regulations in this regard.
6. AVAILABILITY OF THE MANUAL
The manual is available for inspection at 4 Alternator Avenue, Montague Gardens, Milnerton.